Monday 12 August 2013

Bribing myself...

Hey!
So, I'm currently in the drafting phase of a report for work and it's the same thing every time. I have all these things that I want to write, but I'm not quite sure how to write them, so I sit and frown very hard at the computer for a few hours and write about 3 paragraphs, then I nuance them, and then I reward myself with a mars bar... Even though I promised myself I wouldn't eat it until I finished the chapter, because bribing myself is how I used to get things done.
Unfortunately, I feel a little bit like I've learned how to trick myself and this isn't really working anymore. It's the same with uni assignments and housework. There's always something better to do, some form of procrastination to be had, something bright and shiny to distract myself with!
Other successful online forms of distraction are (in no particular order):
  • Pinterest
  • Facebook
  • Online surveys
  • Realestate.com.au (and dreaming of where I will live in Melbourne)
  • YouTube
  • IGN
  • Zynga (I am AWESOME at Chefville)
  • Comparing prices at discount websites
  • Trying to find party supply websites I can order things from in case I end up starting an events business (like www.lark.com.au and www.minqnadmode.com.au)
  • Various news sites
  • I google authors and celebrities and tv shows I like
  • Sometimes I write blog posts (exhibit A)...
Anyway, I've just bribed myself with the thought of "if I go home now, then I will work doubly hard tomorrow". Let's just see how well that pans out tomorrow...
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment